danthemanj

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of putting together a chiller group buy. Want to see if raises enough interest in the community to pursue. If it does, I can reach out to several vendors for quotes, etc.

Dan

danthemanj

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of approaching several vendors with the proposition. I estimate at least 15-20 % off retail with a huge savings in shipping. Why don't you all put down your BTU or HP needs so that I have a starting list for the vendors.

danthemanj

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chiller Group Buy - Update

OK Folks, here's an update.

I have spoken to several retailers both in the area and over the Internet with some pretty promising results. Depending upon the number of people we get to participate in the Group buy, we can get upto 20% off the retailers website prices with no shipping charges to a common location. I am trying to see if I can extend on this discount if we get more people to participate so please, SPREAD THE WORD. The more people participate, the better the discounts for everyone :)

Thanks,
Dan

danthemanj

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Folks, the wait is finally over:

After several discussions with vendors, the Vendor chosen for the Group buy is
ReefExotics.com based out of West Hempstead in Long Island, NY. The final discount price is
20% off all JBJ chiller prices as listed on their website, no shipping, handling, etc. (this
is provided we order at least 20 units in total) .

The following is a link to their website: http://www.reefexotics.com/chillers.htm

Pick-up would be from Reef Exotics in West Hempstead NY. For the folks in NJ, we can
possibly co-ordinate batch pickups.

Should you want a different brand of chillers from their website, please PM me and then
contact [email protected] directly and mention that you are part of the "DanTheManJ"
Group Buy.
To get things moving, I need your names and email addresses with Chiller
requirements by 10:00pm EST on Wednesday the 30th of January. Once the order has been
consolidated, You will receive emails from Reef Exotics with invoices for the chillers.
Payment will have to be made directly to Reef Exotics via "PayPal E-checks." Orders (if not
in stock) will be fulfilled in a week after payment has been received and cleared.

Please SPREAD the Word because our discount depends upon a minimum number of 20 units
ordered.

I will post updates as we approach the magic number.

PM me with any questions you might have.

UPDATE: Reef Exotics does carry smaller sized JBJ chillers. They are updating their website with the small chillers so please re-check later tonight. In addition, they will be offering 10% off all their Pacific Coast Import Chillers as part of our Group Buy.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:

Acropora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reef Exotics is pleased to offer the discounts to Manhattan Reefs members as described by Danthemanj above. All orders can be E mailed directly to us at [email protected] or at [email protected] . Please mention group buy # RE1108 in your corespondance and include your full name, address , telephone number and E mail. Include the model chiller you are ordering and we will send you payment information via E mail and directions for the pick up order.

http://www.reefexotics.com/chillers.htm

20% off of our sale prices on Premium JBJ Artica Chillers
10% off of our sale prices on Pacifivc Coast Imports Chillers
To ensure a quick turnaround for all, please have your orders placed by 10:00pm EST on Wednesday the 30th of January.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: