Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey guys:

If I can get enough people to buy 50 cartons of Marinemix Crystal Sea Bio-Assay salt I can sell them for $30.00 each (including shipping). I can take 2, anyone else interested? This is the salt which had the best results in Ron Shimek's study.

If we can get an order for 50 cartons I think we will all be able to benefit from a significant price break and improve the quality of the environment our reef organisms live in.

Please send me an email or call if interested.

-Alfred
[email protected]
917-287-5512

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
this tuff only did slightly better than the stuff espi sells. and he can get us corals at very very low prices. he only charges a 33 percent markup. even lets you look at the rescept. 200 * 50 = 10,000 gallon worth of salt. sounds like a lot to me, and I am a jew, I like saving by buying in bulk.

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the stuff alfredo is gonna get is for 150 gallons. Also id like to point out to everyone since we are sort of a reef club here. That if you buy 50 buckets you can get it from the manufacturer for 21 dollars and the shipping is free on teh whole pallet.

So if anyoen is interested maybe we could get a group buy going and not have anyone make a profit off of each other.

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
that's a cool idea, but I would rather get the stuff htta has the build in dechlorinator just in case. however i only have small tanks. so i could only get one bucket.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It is $21.99 per carton and shipping is free on 50. The only thing you need to realize is that the delivery service just delivers to the curb or to a loading dock. I am not trying to make a profit, just cover the expense of having two of my employees receive the delivery and bring up all of the salt to the office. (We just have a freight elevator, no loading dock, and my office is not equipped to accept a pallet.)

This is considerably less than paying for freight from a vendor. I have received pallet loads of equipment in the past, it is a lot of work to unload 50 boxes of salt and lug them up to the 12th floor of an office building using a freight elevator. Plus, some people that live upstate would find it more convenient to pick it up at my home (upper Manhattan) so I plan on using the company truck to bring whatever is being picked up from home to my apartment.

On 50 cartons I think it works out to something like $300. I make more money than that on selling a couple of telephones (my business) in 1/1000 of the time. I added a few dollars to the "true" cost to cover the expenses that will be incurred. If you are willing to handle all of the above, distributing the salt for the $21.99 a carton and dishing out the $1,200 to place the order, I would be more than happy to let you manage the order..

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Waiting to get a couple more people on board for the order. Hopefully I can make it this week. Anyone here can come up with some of the $$$ before hand? $1,200.00 is a big hit to the trusty ol' credit card. ;)

-Alfred

S

Satchmo

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I only need one, so I don't know what kind of dent I'm gonna put in the $1200, but if you let me know how much, I'd be happy to paypal it to you.

jcurry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so I know I have this correct, the groupbuy would be $30.00 / 150 gal mix of Marinemix Crystal Sea Bio-Assay salt to be picked up @ Alfredo's in NYC?
I would be in for three (3).
I think we're still way short of the min. 50. I live in North Jersey and own a truck. I would be willing to pick up a bunch of orders in NYC for those of us in North NJ if it helps get more people in on this buy.

S

Satchmo

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Is this a bust? I'm going to need more salt, so if this isn't coming to pass soon I'll have to back out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: