Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Recently, I had purchase some "Live Rock", an inherit some apastia...those ugly varmits...LOL

In the past I've used Joe Juice, Cold water and Kalkwasser! I also know of the copperband and peppermint shrimps but its a hit or miss with them.
I've been researching about these bergia nudibranch and heard great success stories about these critters! I wanted to order 5 of these nudibranch for my 50G custom tank.

How many do you need? Its 1 bergia nudibranch per 10 Gallon, average price $14-$23
Fedex overnight $55...prettiy expensive for just 5 bergia nudibranch!

OK, with a little surfing I can get them for $10 each for breeding adults. If we order 40+ we get free shipping.

This Groupbuy, will start today, and will end Wednesday, September 23 @ 12noon.
Paypal: [email protected]
Paypal at the end of the Groupbuy, which will be September 23 @ 12noon, should be paid by midnight.

Pickup date: Saturday, Sept 26
Pickup location: 7027 65th Place, Glendale, NY 11385
Time: 2-6PM
Cell# request via PM

In order to save money and get free shipping, we must order 40 or more!

I'm in for 5 bergia nudibranch!

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Remember that you NEED 5+ nudi's for this method to be effective against anything bigger than a baby aptasia, and yes thats 5 needed to kill 1 aptasia at a time. That all depends if your getting baby nudi's or full adults. Otherwise your gonna waste ALOt of money putting them into your tank. I think it would be a good idea to post a good write up on the procedure. Also, keep your flow lower for a while in your tank if its at SPS speed. They won;t like it much.

I would shoot for 8+ for your tank coralsmania.

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
ill take 4
Recently, I had purchase some "Live Rock", an inherit some apastia...those ugly varmits...LOL

In the past I've used Joe Juice, Cold water and Kalkwasser! I also know of the copperband and peppermint shrimps but its a hit or miss with them.
I've been researching about these bergia nudibranch and heard great success stories about these critters! I wanted to order 5 of these nudibranch for my 50G custom tank.

How many do you need? Its 1 bergia nudibranch per 10 Gallon, average price $14-$23
Fedex overnight $55...prettiy expensive for just 5 bergia nudibranch!

OK, with a little surfing I can get them for $10 each for breeding adults. If we order 40+ we get free shipping.

This Groupbuy, will start today, and will end Wednesday, September 23 @ 12noon.
Paypal: [email protected]
Paypal at the end of the Groupbuy, which will be September 23 @ 12noon, should be paid by midnight.

Pickup date: Saturday, Sept 26
Pickup location: 7027 65th Place, Glendale, NY 11385
Time: 2-6PM
Cell# request via PM

In order to save money and get free shipping, we must order 40 or more!

I'm in for 5 bergia nudibranch!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
these are adult size, do you have a link to this information you mention.

Johnny..here is a different site that provided a TON of info about these nudi's, how many you should get for the tank size, what to expect, how long it will take to clear the aiptasia. What type of fish & shrimp will make a meal out the the nudi's, how to acclimation ..and so on..
http://www.berghia.net/acclimation.html

Do take a look at the other links to the same site at the top of the page as some of the info I mention is on the other links in there.
Like Tony, I think that people should know what they should expect when using these critters to manage their aiptasia ;)

C

cl2ysta1

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hello All!
I am the individual who raises the berghia. I know many of you have questions and the site previously posted was a source of great information. I thought by joining I could help answer some questions from you all.

Berghia when used correctly are an amazing way to get rid of aiptasia. If you’ve added peppermints before to your tank I suggest hunting them out at night before adding your new berghia in. I have heard of peppermints going after them as they both hunt at night. The berghia I ship out are ADULTS. When I ordered my starter culture over a year ago the online store sent me the TINIEST berghia I had ever seen. They were marked as “breeding adults” by this site so I figured I would spend the extra money on them. At first I purchased them for an aiptasia infestation in one of my tanks. I put them all in the tank but three (which I kept to raise)… My aiptasia VERY slowly disappeared over the next year. I am still today finding HUGE adults (2 inch plus) in my system that I pick out from time to time. The ones I kept in the cups took over two months before they ever laid any eggs for me. Which meant that they were NOT breeding adults but juveniles.(I later figured they had probably hatched just weeks before) They laid one eggstrand for me and I killed them on accident…. I babied this eggstrand in hopes that I would get some young to put back in the tanks. I ended up with huge success. Out of that one eggstrand I yielded almost 200 juveniles! This is how raising berghia for other people came to be. I was sick of paying outrageous prices on the net for things I needed for my tank. When I purchased my berghia they were 25.00 each plus shipping.

To start out with you should really start out with one per ten gallons. This ensures that the berghia get plenty to eat and find each other to breed. My berghia are actively laying eggstrands in my system before I ever ship them out. It is not uncommon to find eggstrands in their shipping containers. This ensures that as soon as they get in your system they are already laying eggs! If you are looking for a quick fix berghia are not for you. You will have to wait. If you only have one or two aiptasia I suggest trying aiptasia x first. If it is in corals and that is not an option you can just purchase a few (3 or so) berghia) and move the coral out into a smaller tank for the berghia to tackle. You will be surprised how quickly these guys go through aiptasia! I have a cup with my big breeding adults that would eat 20 aiptasia a day between the 4 of them if I let them eat that much. They are pigs!

I share information freely with other hobbyists who want to try their hands out at breeding marine fish and inverts. I am very passionate about the breeding aspect of this hobby and hope to get more people breeding their own fish and inverts.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Very good information and I like that you're breeding them too.

Question, when all the aiptasia are gone what are you feeding them or are you supplying them with aiptasia? I would think if that's all they eat you would have to remove them from you tank once all the aiptasia are gone.

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Crystal welcome to MR! Thanks for sharing your experience and information regarding these these Berghia nudi's. Hopefully, this information will benefit those who have apatasia in there system. Still working on the GB, as you can see!

C

cl2ysta1

Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Very good information and I like that you're breeding them too.

Question, when all the aiptasia are gone what are you feeding them or are you supplying them with aiptasia? I would think if that's all they eat you would have to remove them from you tank once all the aiptasia are gone.

We raise them in separate controlled containers and add aiptasia to feed them.
If you are putting them in reefs to take care of an infestation I've found that as you run out of aiptasia you will see them out at night and like stated before they will be white as they are hungry. This is the time you will want to search for them and remove them. Just take a flashlight at night and do some searching. Sometimes people dont find them, but often times they do. We still pull them out of our tanks now a year later. I find them under frags and small rocks... sometimes when I blow off the rocks i'll see them fly off also. If you see one and it is white. You will either want to remove it or move it closer to aiptasia. I've had other people who order say they've found them when their problem was done and sold them to other reef club members.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: