IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just a heads up..i've heard from several other shops/distributors also getting burned from this guy. Lots of negative things turn up with a search of the guys name on Bay Area Craigslist amongst other places.

sdcfish

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard the same. One of my Italian customers lost $10,000 to this guy...and I had actually spoken to the scammer a few times too.

Dean Trihn is the guys name....says he can get Hawaii fish and Large Sharks....both from Hawaii and from California.

Not very cool.

E

Raskal311

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another MD going rough :D Reminds me of that MD who got caught for selling Asian Arrowana a few years back.

reefrash

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh yes, Aquatop, actually more like Aquabottom. A very, very questionable place indeed, a dirty poophole of a shop that is the usual "wholesale to the public" CL mentality (BTW, if I'm being charged sales tax how is that wholesale?). Never bought anything there myself, just glanced around got a sick feeling in my gut and left, they really embody the store model that screams "shut the industry down" while other folks are trying to do the right thing in the exact same neighborhood, it's sad really...

IconicAquariums

Iconic Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Apparently Aquafind doesn't want to leave the information up due to liability but hopefully some people will see the red flags here.

Eric, perhaps you can send this info to your customer in Italy. the officer handling the case for the Milpitas Police is Kris Strauss. He can be reached via phone at (408) 586-2400 or via email [email protected]

gyzuh

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dean Trinh used to be my landlord when I went for an internship in the USA a couple of years ago. He still owes me 650 Dollars of deposit. We also had a lot of problems in the house. If I remember well, we had problems with the toilet, shower, television, and internet. He also mentioned that the house was cleaned biweekly when I signed the contract, but I think the house was not cleaned more than 5 times by that cleaning person. Moreover, he kept complaining that we did not clean the house whenever a single utensil was lying in or around the sink. Besides exaggerating in that respect, he should not have come in to check in the first place because the contract mentioned that he should give prior notice before checking.

The guy was a nightmare. Not so much for me because I was not working for him... I just lost 650 Dollars. Some of my house mates, also interns, were working for his company. There have been many times that they came home and were close to crying or crying. He paid hardly any money to them, and they were depending on him for everything. One of them got so sick of him that she searched another internship during her internship. Unfortunately, I think most of them never complained to the organization that was responsible for the internship, so new interns kept coming in. I remember that the interns in the house could use his car. However, when another intern came, he borrowed the car solely to him because he had promised that intern that he could use the car by himself before he came to California. Apparently, that intern was more important to him than the others because all the other interns had no means to get around anymore all of a sudden.

His company used to be hightechauctions.com. They sold all kind of electronics online. In the beginning, it went well because he sold a lot of PlayStations oversees. Those PlayStations were not available overthere yet, so he made a lot of money with it. I also heard that he declared them to the customs as being gifts although it was his business. The business consisted solely of interns from abroad because that was cheaper for him.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: