ezcompany

Reefer
Alright everyone (hey Unarce!)
I wanted to know who has these clams and how long you've had them :)
I have two ORA black and whites, they are almost approaching their first year with me. I have had them survive a tank crash, pyramid snails, a psycho sixline, and pinched mantle. We have gone through thick and thin together, and they are my babies. I got them back from my friend today who was holding them for me after my tank crashed. They don't look as sexy as they did, but they should be soon :D

Here is an old shot of them. I've lost all the other clams you see in this pic from the crash :(

img4476ol0.jpg

post pics of yours!

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Hey Jin! Glad to see the BWs are still going strong. What are you running now?

Here's my resident BW:
bw.jpg

Filio

Active Reefer
Are these only available from ORA because I have yet to hear of one of these being available this year. What is the best way of going about getting one?

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
In the US, it's mostly luck. You just have to keep checking all the usual spots online that might get one.

I believe ORA is the only one that sells captive-raised BWs and can request that your LFS get on a waiting list for one. It is a longshot, though.

Wild specimens seem to show up more in Europe.

ezcompany

Reefer
Karl, I am running the same 24 gallon. There will be a small upgrade shortly though to a 35 gallon and a new 250 watt pendant :)
Your clam looks fantastic as usual. My clams are recovering their black as they weren't under the best lighting over at my friend's tank.
btw, i am trying to obtain an aquascene, can you pm me if you're willing to frag yours? i have the ATL one and not sure if it looks as nice as yours :)
thanks buddy!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: