Markbluereef

Experienced Reefer
Suddenly I have dozens of these tiny snails. They are about the size of a pencil head. Are the friendly?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    5.4 MB
Last edited by a moderator:

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Lol , that happened to me months ago now they are growing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 0

Josh

in the coral sea...
Manhattan Reefs
Real Reefer
Supporter
Congrats!

These are likely beneficial snails, although they are unlikely to grow large. Keep an eye on them and make sure they are not sundial or pyramid snails:

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
I don’t know what type but I only had turbo nails and astrea snails but I don’t see the shell curling so I guess they are astrea . This might be the first time I don’t have to buy more snails….lol

Markbluereef what kind do you think they are?

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Manhattan Reefs
Sometimes i catch my snails spawning. My water gets cloudy. Than I watch the males release sperm and female release eggs. I have grown them to adult size in my tank. At first I liked it knowing I never have to buy snails again. They became a problem they were all over the place.I found tiny snail in pvc which eventually can become a problem if they grow.

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Sometimes i catch my snails spawning. My water gets cloudy. Than I watch the males release sperm and female release eggs. I have grown them to adult size in my tank. At first I liked it knowing I never have to buy snails again. They became a problem they were all over the place.I found tiny snail in pvc which eventually can become a problem if they grow.
Yes ! They are all over the place . Gets hard to clean the glass cause they are in the way and won’t move they’re in the power heads, plumbing , just everywhere A good problem to have in reefing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: