Alanna102499

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, Just starting out... Been doing a lot of research for a couple months and I am ready to get started! Should I get a New AIO system like a Red Sea or a Regular Tank and all the accessories... New or Used? Millions more questions to follow I’m sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with heuerfan, I'm kinda old school myself. I started with a 29, to a 75, to a 220, to a 150. Depending on where you see yourself going and where you're comfortable starting sometimes doing it with a regular tank you can upgrade easily if you buy the right equipment from the beginning.

To answer your other question, there's plenty of great used equipment on our marketplace to save you some money especially being new to the hobby.

I love to help newbies so when you're up and running I can probably give you some free frags.

Good luck, it's a great hobby!

tsouth

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The biggest difference between the two is having the ability to hide equipment in a sump. For example, do you plan on running a skimmer? If so, are you okay with having the skimmer hang on or off the back with parts in the view?

Functionally they're similar, but aesthetically you'll have to think this out

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: