• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
After attending last years swap with me my son Sean caught the reefing bug pretty bad. I think it was as hard on him when I had to tear down the 65 last year. Thanks to Jerl77 and MBG75 (They gave him the tank which has been handed down from Jeremy to Mike and now Sean) as well as Budddman (Even though we didn't use the light setup Ken Sean say's THANKS!) I was able to help him setup his own little reef. We used both sand and live rock from my tank to get him up and running. I also threw him a few frags to start him off :)

He did everything to set it up other than silicone the large rock to the back wall. Setup the filter stack, cut the foam, added the chemipure, rinsed the carbon etc. I watched and guided but wanted to see what he could do. I think he did pretty good! The tank is currently lit by a combo of Lumenbrite strips which will be replaced in a few months with a Rapid LED kit as he saves money.

He has learned to take it slow which is good. Also teaching him responsibilty. He is actually using the setup and growth of the tank for his science fair project!

He wanted me to ask if he was one of the youngest Reefers on MR? Lol.

Thanks for looking!

Updates as they Happen!

Attachments

• photo (35).jpg
    photo (35).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 346

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
That is great bobby my son looks the other way when I talk about fish tanks lol good for you guys but now its going to cost you double at the fish store lmfao

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
That is great bobby my son looks the other way when I talk about fish tanks lol good for you guys but now its going to cost you double at the fish store lmfao

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1+ lol can't wait to see your son tank filled with corals. But hey Jerl at least Bobby's son won't have to worry about corals cause he as a 57 rimless tank next to him with corals. Oh bobby don't be shocked when you start missing corals and find them in your sons tank lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: