xxxJerseyGuyxxx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, It's been awhile since I have been back into this forum. Hows everyone been? Lets starts off by saying that I took a break and lost interest on the hobby back in 2012 when we got hit with the storm Sandy. So I have decide to give it a second chance back into the hobby. I couldn't stay away from this hobby I know that for a fact. A little bit about from myself I recently moved to the Bergen County area here in NJ use to live in Jersey City with my parents. Bergen County is a great area nice people nice vibe. Only thing I don't like is Sundays when you aren't able to purchase clothes and electronics what a bomber lol. I know Bergen County people know the struggle for sure lol. Let's start off with the equipments I will be using for this build. Haven't quite decided on what part for sure yet but I do have some in mind. I'm open for any suggestions. At the moment I don't have no pictures at the tank but as the build goes I will post pictures up.

Tank: 30G Deep Blue Frag Tank Non Reef Ready
Skimmer: ASM Mini-G Protein Skimmer with Sicce Needle Wheel Pump
Return Pump: Hydor Seltz 500 DC Controllable Aquarium Pump (500 GPH)
Filtration: DIY 10G Refugiem
Lights: Prime 16 HD LED Reef Light from Ai
Rock: 25LBS of Dead Rock
Sand: 40LBS Caribsea Arag Alive Special Grade Sand
Salt: Coral Pro Salt

Last edited:

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jersey Guy....welcome back. Good luck with the new set up.

If you are using pink Samoa for a pink look don’t waste your time. I used 80 lbs in a new build this year and there is almost no pink grains in any bag. Overall, the grain size is nice and it looks good but def not pink.

xxxJerseyGuyxxx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jersey Guy....welcome back. Good luck with the new set up.

If you are using pink Samoa for a pink look don’t waste your time. I used 80 lbs in a new build this year and there is almost no pink grains in any bag. Overall, the grain size is nice and it looks good but def not pink.
Thanks but its my mistake I don't know why I was thinking of pink Samoa lol. I think it was from 55G that I was using it there. But what I'm actually going to be using is the Caribsea Arag Alive Special Grade Reef Sand instead.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

xxxJerseyGuyxxx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to drill the tank or use external overflow ?
The tank is already drilled I purchased the tank from a member on here. But it did come with the external overflow. But I'm thinking using the overflow box inside the tank instead of it being outside behind the tank.

xxxJerseyGuyxxx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Santa brought my gift early this year lol. Finally got the Skimmer in today!

Attachments

• 20201223_193810.jpg
    20201223_193810.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: