cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
OKay, after my previous rant on Newbies not coming Thru on their commitment to buy stuff after their posting, I thought we were done? :banghead:

I get another PM from an new member wanting to buy my lights two weeks ago, he asked for my home address in the PM. I don't like to give out my address to peeps I don't know, especially newbies from this site, I asked him to give me his phone number and I will give him a call personally to handle the pick up address and time.

Anyway.. I get the phone number in a PM within minuets.. I called the number and the girl on the other end have no idea what I am talking about. I figure he may typed in the wrong number so I PM him back after a few days, he responded with he doesn't want the lights anymore because I never got back to him after this long period of time, and subsequent PMs resorted to a 13 year old calling me names again :irked:.

I don't know what his intent was? maybe jacking me for my lights after I give him my address? :lol2: Too bad some of these clowns don't realize not all fish geeks are weak and can be scam easily.

Anyway.. Be aware of people you are dealing with on the Internet.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Give them bad feedback so that the rest of the people know who it is. You know after breaking down my tank i have dealt with all this so i know how you feel. Pisses me off as well, but then i figure that there's better things in life. Just keep the smith and wesson close by, that's all.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Good luck with your sales, Pierce. I've noticed there is a lot of this going around lately. :(

I think people should use the reefer ratings more religiously - lately, I've been trying hard to leave feedback for all of my transactions (and I would hope that people would do the same for me) so that we can all see whether a member who is "dibbing" can actually be trusted.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
newbie's

or just say it takes a deposit, most of the memembers dont live anywhere near me so i have to have them pp to hold stuff. and out of curiousity and off the subject, but do you work for a airline ?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I don't really need to sell my stuff, someone else is paying for my move and don't really care what I am moving, I just bought 2,000 pounds of lumber for them to move for me:lol2:.. People that have seen my fish room knows I am in no financial need to "make a buck", I like to play with different equipment and have enough stuff to set up another tank when needed.

I don't see a need to reveal the person, since not everyone agreed the last time I did and though I was being pity.

The purpose of this thread is to warn people be careful who you make deals with and not to give people you don't know your personal information.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Pierce, I'm in no financial crunch either. I don't expect much of a return on reef stuff. When I broke down my tank, I posted what I feel were very fair prices for what I planned to get rid of. The offers I received in PM were insulting at best. There were also several flakes who told me they were interested, but when the rubber hit the road, they didn't even have the common courtesy to PM me and say they aren't interested/didn't want...etc.
Everyone here knows me and knows I sell cheap. Look at my reefer ratings. Generous would be the word that should stick out most. I always offer MR members the best price before I go someplace else. I have sold people corals cheap only for them to turn around and sell them on MR at a higher price. (members, not vendors)
Pierce is the same way. Generous. And just like him, I won't bother with refer ratings since they are useless as I've noticed negative ratings go away faster than positive ones do. Pointing fingers isn't helpful either. Best you can do as the seller is deal with the frustrations of flakes. The price we pay for breaking down.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Maybe from now on before giving away our personal info....we should ask for the buyers info. as well....call them once to confirm and if they say i'm coming this day then u give out your address.... maybe that might be a little safer....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: