bear043.jpg

bear054.jpg

bear055.jpg

bear056.jpg

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This guy/gal has been a regular visitor this year. Usually we only have a bear sighting once-twice a year. This was the first time that it didn't run off. My wife said that she was having a conversation with the bear and it wouldn't leave. The last time I tried to snap pics just the "chirping" sound of the camera turning on scared it off into the woods.

I may have to start keeping the garbage cans in the garage. I really don't want to with the summer heat coming but this has been going on for two months.

Reef Mongoose

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you put the garbage in the garage and he smells it in there you are going to be looking for a new garage door. Get a BB gun and just keep poppin him in the ass when he comes around, after a couple times he will get the idea and stop coming around. You could also just buy a real gun and get yourself a real nice rug.

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My friend had the same problem up where you are. He no longer has the problem. His bow and arrow solved it. The bear now reside`s in his basement (stuffed)......

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
A high powered bb gun is the best way unless you want a lot of garbage fed bear meat around..... Animals like people tend to choose the path of least resistance and if he has to take a few hundred feet per second of lead pellet in the ass to get some food he'll pass on it.

reefnewbe

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
imo,

being that you have young children (toys in picture) i would handle this as quick as possible. I think the b-b and paint ball ideas are good for you but the bear may just go to your neighbors who may have kids.
(poison mixed in with garbage:dead1: Maybe??)

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I agree totally with NYreefNoob in calling the authorities, wildlife conservation. Do not poison the bear. Though he is a nuisance and a risk having that close to home, they are an important part of the limited wildlife in the state of NY.

If you call conservation they will traquilize and transport more than likely if he is a regular at your home.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: