Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
My wife and I r buying a camera too take pics of our new baby that's on it's way !!! So it's win win for me because I can use it too take pics of my tank!

Anyone own this any advice is there a better one at same price point !

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Yes it will be fine to take nice pics of your family. For the tank might be little different, cause you need more control of the white balance and such, unless you plan to edit the photos after you take them.

But the model you mentioned will be good for basic photos.. I think that you will be happy with it.

Johnny C

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canon just released the T4i... for the bit more it costs, it sounds like a worthwhile investment.

I've owned several Canon DSLR's in the past and have never been disappointed. Either would be a terrific first SLR! Congrats on the baby! :)

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
i enjoy my t3i no complaints whats so ever originally bought for just snappin pics of corals but now th ewife likes to take it out when we go out to any family events

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The T3i is more than a prosumer digital, it is a gateway to significant achievements in your photography. Pair it with imagination, a keen eye, a little luck, practice, some good glass, and you can capture, manipulate, fine tune, and present images that WILL INFLUENCE FOREVER.

phk36

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Canon 7d has auto mode and you can learn as you go. Try to look at the two big stores in Manhattan on line and you can get a refurb and save a few hundred. I started with the t1i and now have the 7d its better in low light and faster

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: