Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I absolutely love your tank!!!! It is wonderfully mixed reef.:wink1: The fish are gorgeous as well......
Congratulations on a GORGEOUS piece of the Ocean!!!!!!!

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Sanjay, Do you find that you get better growth on the bottom or the top of your tank? In my 120g I get excellent growth on all acros located on the mid to bottom. Corals on the top closer to my halides seem to grow extremely slow.

1 more question. How high are your bulbs from your tanks water surface?

Last edited:

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Don't want to hijack Sanjay's thread, but I actually had something happen that made me as the same question. About four months ago one of the three balasts for my 400W Metal Halides died (literally started pouring out black smoke) In those four months the corals on the 1/3rd of my tank without direct halides seem to be doing better. (Not acros but other SPS) The coraline is also going crazy as well as the one soft coral on that side.

Alfred

Sanjay, Do you find that you get better growth on the bottom or the top of your tank? In my 120g I get excellent growth on all acros located on the mid to bottom. Corals on the top closer to my halides seem to grow extremely slow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: