KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Wow MR, you folks have some of the cutest kitties!!!!!!!!!! :cat:

I was at Awildas house this past weekend and tried once again to get her cat Sunday to jump into my bag and come home with me.. I love this guy!! :)
Sundayprofile.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Kathy, I keep telling you she will never leave! She ran into our home, came to a screechingggggggggg halt in front of our other two resident cats and refused to bow to them. And this at the age of only 6 weeks old.;) She rules the roost around here.lol Even my pities don't stand a chance with her.;) She even got locked out one night by my son and she just sat by the door all night until I got up in the morning. So in conclusion as much as she loves you and your petting she will not leave us.

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Anthony J C(this last name of yours reminds me of Portuguese origins?! ;-)... )

http://picasaweb.google.com/AnthonyJClemente/MyLions#5247385512562030722

This "cat" playing with your boot, is my favorite, I believe it is a Caracal - Caracal caracal - also known as the African Lynx, absolutely superb and what funny expression it has...like mocking eyes :Blurp: and absolutely happy with life:flower: yet...:catsmiley...but magnificent anyway and seems like DNA research as shown that it is not related to other Lynx but to the African Golden Cat Profelis aurata and the Serval Leptailurus serval

Because it is so easily tamed, the Caracal is sometimes kept as a pet, and is said to adapt easily to living with humans. It is often viewed as vermin by farmers in Africa because it frequently climbs over fences to eat chickens and other poultry.
The Caracal is almost impossible to see in the wild, not because there are very few of them, but because it hides extremely well. Game drives in countries such as Kenya and Botswana widely encounter other animals, but a sighting of a Caracal is extremely rare.
The Caracal has been hybridised with the domestic cat at the Moscow Zoo.[4]
Is that really so?..I mean 18 Kg of very fast, hunting precision (especially for birds) and agile muscles, sharp claws and teeth... is something to think about twice or even more...:Yikes:

...well if in fact it is a Caracal...Any way it is beautiful

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

MyLions

Last edited by a moderator:

ajcut7

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah more about the lions, you can't drop pics like that without an explanation!

haha, sorry everyone. I really don't hide my name as you can see from the picassa titles.

Yes that was a caracal playing with my boot, abby was her name. And she was quick like you have never seen before. she was cool enough that if you would run she would chase you and it never took her more than a second or two to catch us.

my last name is actually italian

The lions were in south africa at a place called "the lion park" outside of johannesburg. I was working as a volunteer and so we had pretty much open access to the lions up to about 18 month old ones. at that point they weigh about 200 pounds and are fast and strong as can be. It was really an amazing experience and I would recommend it to anyone. It makes me want to have one as a pet though..... hopefully one day if I have a house in PA or something. I hope everyone enjoyed the pics :birthday:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: