Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
yes I plan to raise them. I just wanted to get the incubation times down and start up a culture, order up some othamine.

The first batch of eggs was a 9 day hatch I thought i would have some time to glue ina tile but she spawned 2 days later.. TWO.

also I am reading up on the newer green water products from reed, if im reading it correctly I dont have to culture phyto..im not really sure if im reading it right.. but i sure wont miss culturing phyto!

funny thing I broke down and sold my entire breeding system.. not 3 weeks ago..

btw what would you consider them F1 or F2? and also should I make special note that they are from a batch before you lost the occy male, does that make a difference?

what would you have me call them ? like F1 true photon clownfish? I am note sure it really makes a difference but I am kind of a stickler for lineage.

Last edited:

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Here is an update of one of the pairs in my tank. The other pair in my 500G tank spawned today. !!

DSC_8602.jpg

DSC_8604.jpg

DSC_8607.jpg

DSC_8611.jpg

DSC_8614.jpg

DSC_8616.jpg

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Beautifull pics Sanjay, I have a pair of the 1st generation in my 450 now they are trying but female pays no mind to the male, could this be to the fact that their is 2 anenomes side by side? during the night they sleep in their own anenome, and during the day they are together, in 1

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Beautifull pics Sanjay, I have a pair of the 1st generation in my 450 now they are trying but female pays no mind to the male, could this be to the fact that their is 2 anenomes side by side? during the night they sleep in their own anenome, and during the day they are together, in 1

Having 2 anemones should not matter. They are breeding age by now. The females take about 2+ years to mature to breeding age. Of the 2 pairs I have the one pair that is from the first batch (hence older) has not spawned. The ones from the 2nd batch that are almost several months younger are the ones that spawned in my 500G. So go figure.. its hard to tell why they are spawning or not spawning. Just feed them well, keep them happy and when they are ready they will spawn.

sanjay.

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The male died. I was only able to get 2 batches of babies.

I did take one of the babies and crossed it back with the mother. These are available from liveaquaria.com called Half Black Photons. There is a thread on them somewhere here.

sanjay

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Must be the season. My pair finally spawned about a month ago. Unfortunately, with my travel schedule and their hatching schedule I have not been able to collect any larvae from the Black Photon Pair. I am hoping their schedule will cooperate with mine.

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I am amazed at how dark sone of them are. If I didn't know better I would think they were from different parents.

Very cool!
How many are you able to raise from each clutch?

Yeah, these got dark fairly quickly. They are at about 4 months now, and some have a lot more black. I have a feeling these will turn nice a lot quicker than the Half Black Photon's that I raised. These are turning black just as fast as the the original Black Photons.

I can usually raise anywhere from 150-250 from a single clutch. I could do better if I tried a few other things that create more work.

sanjay.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: