piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I went and had a great time. Free Rods Food. Free samples of dry goods. Plenty information free popcorn. Plenty booklets and brochures. Awesome speech by Jake Adams. Plenty of variety of corals from vendors at very reasonable price. Just shop around there was plenty of deals. From $10 to up. I picked up 3 frags all for $100. If your into this hobby I see no better place all under one roof. Comes ones a year I think you can save $5 a month to help paid for this expense which people are thinking is it worth it. 500 people enter the opening of door in 10 mins.

ScubaDre

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'll be the first to admit then I was misguided with this post. Being fairly new to this Hobby I do question most things. I have met a lot of great people so far but mostly from people getting out of the Hobby and selling me their stuff. This was my first event and I felt like a kid in a candy store and wished I could have stuck around much longer. This hobby is definitely not cheap or for cheap people.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was there today. It was great for me because I got to see a lot of old friends I have not seen since the good ol' days at the Brooklyn Aquarium Society.

Honestly though, I was really surprised at the lack of variety in corals. Everything was LPS, polyps, designer mushrooms and the occasional gorgonian. I bought two or three frags and my friend bought his first two. There were MAYBE 5 leather coral frags in the entire place.

Sanjay's talk was great. Some of the freebies made the trip well worth it for me. (I was able to pick up a free bottle of RG Complete (rotifer/copepod food) and got a bottle of a new strain of marine copepods on the market that are INCREDIBLE! I have started the culture! Should have a steady supply of them in two weeks. These things do not reproduce as fast as the rotifers, but they are active and not just bottom dwellers.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: