KURT

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP! PLEASE! my EHEIM 2028 PROFESSIONAL II IS LEAKING SEVERELY!
The filter flooded out maybe 5 gals of water all over the wooden floors! a nightmare! after everything was all hooked up, when power is turned off then as soon as hose valve opens it floods water out of O GASKET /top-bottom gasket! A panic! the water would not stop until I closed hose valve, otherwise I suspect it would empty the whole 76 gals and destroy everything! VERY SERIOUS! Why is it leaking! When running it seemed fine , as soon as power is off= a flood!
The hoses are at full extension upward as it is a tall tank; 36in tall 1/4 cyl. corner tank itself (above wooden stand),outtake pours about 46in above the filter; about 36 inches diff between intake hose bottom(suction) and return hose opening (clean water). Does it have to do with the differences between the two hoses-causing pressure or just back pressure of the water when off- BUT...I would think it should leak in any case...WHAT CAN I DO- PLEASE HELP!
THE FILTER was just bought used on ebay it's 1 year old and the gasket looked good seemed soft enough, but I am not an expert, I tried to add a second homemade rubber gasket and broke 3 clips(new ones will be here in a few days) I even put a little vaseline on gasket as recommended on a site, but it still leaked out from the sides o-ring gasket.
Help! what is going on here- why is it flooding out? [email protected]
THERE HAS TO BE SOME LOGICAL SOLUTION!?
YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! thank you VERY MUCH, Kurt

flin3k

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THE SOLUTION IS.....
THE SOLUTION is Simple.....REPLACE THE "O" RING GASKET WITH A NEW CORRECT ONE (THE PART NUMBER IS 7343150)

-PUT NEW ONE IN (PUT PLENTY OF VASELINE-HEAVY BEAD ALL AROUND- EVERY TIME YOU OPEN THE FILTER!) THAT SHOULD FIX THE LEAK

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something might have been pinched. DON'T try to replace with SAE parts, Eheim is German and therefore metric. As you have learned, you can break things if you try that.

It has nothing to do with the head (the rise) of the intake or outlet. You don't say where the leak is coming from, so I can't help you there. Are you sure that nothing is cracked? The filter body housing or anything like that?

Let this be a lesson to all -- if you buy anything used, set it up and do a test run in a safe location (outside, or in the tub or shower) for 24hrs. HAVE A WET/DRY VACUUM ON HAND. Be sure your homeowner's/renter's insurance is paid up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: