RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ok so yesterday I wired up my led the way I thought it was suppose to go but when I tryed to fire them up NO LIGHT,suck after wiring it all up.i followed all the blue leds positive to negative all the way to the last blue on the heatsink but for some reason didnot work after testing with the battery tester,none of the leds would lite up after following the way I thought it would go but it didnt.so I wired all blue leds together one negative to the next blue negative side of the led all the way down the line,then had too wire all blue led positive to positive all the way down the line for all blue to lite up...IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY CAN SOMEONE HELP.I WOULD SHOW YOU A PIC SO MAYBE YOU CAN SEE WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY.ANY SUGGESTIONS

Cadiz.Jonathan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are saying you tested them with a battery tester and they didn't lite up umm you burned them out if that's the case. But picture will help

RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
heres the pic

Attachments

• IMAG0077.jpg
    IMAG0077.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 151

RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
i found a graph sheet of how the leds is are originally get wired up.i will try it on my next heatsink and leds.lets see if it will work the way shown on the graph.i wil keep you posted.gonna attach led to heatsink for now. and it seems i used to many wires in the aboved pic,but thats how it worked for me

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
1)Do you have an installation instruction? Can you obtain it? If so, follow it.

2)If not then, show us the drivers you are going to use with with the exact no. or a pic of the spec label..

3)Then, list how many of what color of LEDs you have? Also mark the colors of the LED in your pic pls.

4)How do you want to them to operate?

5)Then I will try to show you an wiring example.

RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thank guys..the white wire was my first attemp at my first diy led project,a bit big I know lol.and after two days I finally got it.everything is now wired correctly,hanging from my half built canopy.it was a little hard at first but with time and patience you can do it , its really not hard to do..i just wish rapid led would send instructions in their box(would of been a little easier for me, I think)lol...SPECIAL THANKS TO EXOTIC REEF AND JAVIER905 who helped me out alot. I will post some pics .

RAYS REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
When I first wired all the leds together I forgot to add the battery tester to the drivers dim wires,so when I plugged them in no light.so I wired it the way seen in my first pic and it seemed to work ,only this way(the way shown in first pic),but I realized they werent get enough power or something was wrong it should of been brighter than what they were throwing out and one driver for the white leds was making like a humming sound.had I knowned that you had to plug the battery tester into the driver to yest if theyre working it would have been done sooner and much better.but got them working just fine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: