GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i say do away with the canisters as they create nitrates, try doing a wetdry but replace the bioballs with live rock rubble. u can hammer a large piece of base rock into several small pieces or same with live rock, its the porousness of the rock that is the key, not the rock itself, it will eventually become "live"

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

newtank3.JPG

coralife superskimmer 220 on my 40 gallon.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
spykes has the right idea.

let the rock in the tank handle the bacteria, and then use a skimmer rated 5X more than the water volume. easy to do on a smaller tank.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
jhale said:
spykes has the right idea.

let the rock in the tank handle the bacteria, and then use a skimmer rated 5X more than the water volume. easy to do on a smaller tank.

Damn, and I thought I was doing things ok with mine. I've got the LR and my CSS65 on a 16 gallon. But that's only 4.0625X more than the water volume :smash: . Back to the drawing board. :duh:

master

nycitaliano9

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
HEY how you guys doing im using a bak pak skimmer and live rock ans live sand, with a aqua clear 70 on my 38 gallon tank should i use anything else for filtration. one note i cant use sump or wetdry or anything under my tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: