Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Does anyone have any personal experience with this? The fish was fine yesterday... always actice in the current swimming back and forth... eats like a pig. Now today he was gone. I found him under a large rock... hiding. After I fed he came out later and picked up a couple left over pellets that hit the ground and were missed.

talbotsick.jpg

TIA!

Rich

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
Thats indeed popeye. Have any fish that may have picked on him?

Normally popeye will go away as long as your water is clean and you maintain your levels.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
USually he is the bully... Recently he and a perc decided to got at it for a day... maybe he got hit in the eye?

as soon as I noticed his eye... I checked my parameters... all is in order.

0 ppm Nitrite and Nitrate
<0.25 Ammon.
8.0-8.2 PH (color is between the two).

Rich

John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
For it to happen to only one eye it sounds like just normal eye trauma caused by a scratch, scrape or bruise to the eye. Just leave the fish alone and make sure he's not being harassed by your perc anymore and within time it will heal, normally from several days to several weeks.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well he has decided to show his face today. Oldly he is extremely aggresive towards all 4 of my green chromis... I'm thinking they may have had something to do with his eye... or he is doing it out of instinct to protect himself... not sure.

But I am glad he ate with the rest of the fish.

Rich

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
noodleman said:
I think your perc came up to your talbot and punched it in the eye:smash: :Starwars: :fight2:

Lolz my blue hippo had popeye but not as bad as that.. i thought maybe he rubbed his eye on the rock but who knows what caused it.. it went away after a week... so good luck to u...

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
LOL funny eye, I saw a powder blue tang in FT with pop eye it burst and its eye gooed out was nasty........... its was polluting the water....

well good luck to your damsel rich :)

HAHA j/p

Aaron.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: