Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I just adpoted a CBB from a friend that needs to be treated but in two days he eat all but one worms in my tank.

Which should I keep-the worms or the CBB?

All my small feather duster looking worms are gone and the ones that has green feeders are almost all gone too. For me, they are fun to look at. I am thinking of "building" another worm rock but, of course, the CBB has to go after finished treatment, if I go that route.

Last edited:

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Wingo,

I just broke my Copperband in and he is decimating my aip and worms. Personally even though I would like to have saved the worms (they were too deeply embedded) I prefer the copperband. Just my take.

E

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Tough one. There are benefits to both. Obviously the CBB is not only a benefit for aip control, but beautiful too. The worms are pretty and also beneficial filter feeders.

I'm going with the worms. Keeps your biodiversity more intact. Shame though, the CBB is sweet.

JM $.02,
Russ

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
masterswimmer said:
Tough one. There are benefits to both. Obviously the CBB is not only a benefit for aip control, but beautiful too. The worms are pretty and also beneficial filter feeders.

I'm going with the worms. Keeps your biodiversity more intact. Shame though, the CBB is sweet.

JM $.02,
Russ

Agreed on all counts. Tough to decide. Both do something in the eco system and beauty and fun.

I like to witness how eco system work(worms eating dirt and of course CBB eating other pest), I like the way when the worm pull the sand/detrius to their mouth, the quick response of a feather duster and the beauty of the CBB.

Well after thinking a little bit more, I think this becomes a matter of proportions. If I have a bigger tank and more than enough worms for the CBB then my dilenma will be gone. But my money will be gone faster too.:banghead:

Thanks to all of you who give your opinions.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wingo can I "rent" the CBB? I have an aptasia outbreak and not enough time to kalk them all. I have one patch of really cool feather dusters...oh well

Let me know.

-J

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
jhale said:
Wingo can I "rent" the CBB? I have an aptasia outbreak and not enough time to kalk them all. I have one patch of really cool feather dusters...oh well

Let me know.

-J

If I "rent" it to you, I wonder how can you renturn it to me since I think you have no ways to get it out of your caves!!!

My CBB eats only the small guys, so if your aptasia is big he seems not interested. I have 3 big ones that I would like to keep and he is not harming them so it's all good.

BTW, probably he finished all my small worms, except one, and all the small aptasias, except 3 big ones, he is going for my flame electric scallop's tentacles. He must be very hungry an starved from the previous owner(j/k my friend always over fed his tank). He does not mind me adding rocks and fiddling around the tank. He comes to scout the rock even when my hands are still in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: