chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
do mushrooms prefer lying horizontally on rock surfaces or do they prosper equally well if placed horizontally?

if moving a shroom, do people touch the shroom directly or just move the rock its own?

i've got a couple of shrooms on opposite sides of a frag shaped like a pillar. if i lie the rock on its side, the shrooms will be perpendicular. if i lie the rock so that one shroom is facing up, the other shroom will be facing down into the sand or rock surface. will they move themselves into position? comments the other day indicated that they release themselves when ready to split, but didnt say if they actually have independent locomotive power...or rely on currents to move them.

another of the shrooms is on a perpendicular rock. it seems to have loosened itself so that its now hanging by just a thread and is swaying in the flow. its color is good and it looks healthy so i'm not thinking anything is wrong. is this normal behavior?

thanks

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
They'll slowly move on their own & the base will then form a baby shroom.

If one is hanging off the rock, ready to fall off......I would place it in a low flow area. It might re-attach itself.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
If it's ready to fall off, I'd take some wedding veil (available at craft stores) and loosely place a piece around the rock and secure it with a rubberband. It should reattach itself within the confines of the wedding veil.

HTH,
Russ

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
fell off overnight and is now on sand, more flat than vertical, down in between a couple of front rocks. lunar lites on so cant tell if it will be getting any direct light or not.

does it need direct light? can it get itself to a proper spot, climbing if necessary? will or can shrooms make a home directly on sand?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
You would want it to attach itself to some rock if possible. If it's on the sand between a couple of rocks and there is low flow and not blowing it around, I'd say let it be. Otherwise, go with the wedding veil suggestion on a small piece of rubble.

It does not need direct light. These are low light animals that will 'reach' towards the available light. Now I'm not suggesting putting it in a cave, but where it is (from what you've described) sounds good to me.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: