RareZ

Azad
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hi, I just got this LARGE 30" HOB EcoSystems Refugium from someone and it has nothing in it except for the pump (maxijet 900 for pushing water out of the fuge), came with about 12 bioballs, and a U tube with a overflow type of thing. I just found out that the U tube has a crack on top of it.. Even the overflow box has holes drilled in front of it..dont know if it was done by the previous owner or if it was like that from Ecosystems. And this thing is very heavy with just water .. About ?43LBS. I didn't even add the sand or anything else..

I have a 55G Glass Aquarium, I am wondering if this will crack my tank if I have this hanging on the back.. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the link to the item.... I have The EcoSystem 60.
http://www.ecosystemaquarium.com/html/hangonback.html

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
RareZ said:
Hi, I just got this LARGE 30" HOB EcoSystems Refugium from someone and it has nothing in it except for the pump (maxijet 900 for pushing water out of the fuge), came with about 12 bioballs, and a U tube with a overflow type of thing. I just found out that the U tube has a crack on top of it.. Even the overflow box has holes drilled in front of it..dont know if it was done by the previous owner or if it was like that from Ecosystems. And this thing is very heavy with just water .. About ?43LBS. I didn't even add the sand or anything else..

I have a 55G Glass Aquarium, I am wondering if this will crack my tank if I have this hanging on the back.. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the link to the item.... I have The EcoSystem 60.
http://www.ecosystemaquarium.com/html/hangonback.html

I have the same thing.

It will not crack your tank unless your tank has flaws by itself.

You must do something about the overflow if it does not have teeth on it, it's a death trap. I have witnessed so many death due to that.

You need mud like the expensive Miracle Mud. Some macro algae.

I did a lot of changes to the configuration of the refuge.

The air tube have a problem with trapping air and not sure if the crack you have is intentional DIY by the previous owner.

RareZ

Azad
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Well I doubt that is' intentional.. I couldn't see it at first.. when I was cleaning the U tube with hot water and while it was drying I saw that crack. otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it.. As for the Overflow, it does have teeth on it but it really doesn't matter since the actual overflow box itself has drilled holes in front of it.. I am not sure how this person had it as this would keep on breaking the syphon. maybe there's an enginuety to this that I am no see'ing. I will try to take some pics to post them here.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: