MightyMike

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I was in the Reef Emporium, or whatever it's called in Hackensack NJ the other day . . they have some "Complete Nano" Set-ups "Perfect for small home or office" type deals, anyway they included "Skilters"?? Now, I'm interested in setting up a nano myself, and this seemed very "neat" but let's be honest, I've been a member of this board for almost a year now, I've read quite a few books and never heard of this. There's probably a reason I've never heard of it. When I asked the fellas over at Ab. Fish in Clifton they said the skilter is outdated. I'm just curious if anyone could confirm or deny this, or perhaps share some experiences. hah I'm actually laughing to myself in my empty apartment just saying "skilter" hahah
thanks all
MM

MightyMike

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the same upright one as Jennie, I think it's like 15gal maybe. So it's basically HOB ready, but I'm not really sure . . any help or tips would be appreciated, also if anyone knows if she (or Jennie herself?) supported that tank with anything special? I'd appreciate the info

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hahaha skilters, worst skimmer unit every. I use to use them as regular filters for my freshwater tanks cause they were so cheap! I didnt even know they still made them, i havent seen them in over a year.
That place in hackensack is Reef Encounter (right?) IMO, stay away.

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
the lady called sue...is a total B*&%H...they are so snotty...and i am like you guys are kidding me right? I have a big ego btw:
Absolutly fish-is very expensive but they are nice and totally helpfull...
Also a place called Aquarium Warehouse..near GWB..Drunktank spends his time there...that why he is so white :tongue1:

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
One of my LFS still has one on his shelf. It's been marked down alot of times. I was joking with him one day and he said "that thing" and grumbled LOL I guess they make ok FW and QT filters on small systems but wouldn't use one on a reef.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
for a 15g get a Remora w/ maxijet HOB - and get an aquaclear 70 filter. You can hide most of your probes and maybe your heater in the aq70 plus it increases your water vol. by good amount.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: