PHILYD1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Is there an effective way to treat ICH in a reef? My Clown fish has recently gotten ich and i was able to catch her and mover her to a hospital tank. But now I have a few other fish still in my Reef that I am worried about. I know there are a lot of Chemicals that claim to work but I am looking for someone who has tried and proven method for ICH cure in reef.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Unfortunately there is no chemical/method that will kill Ich in a reef. The only way to eliminate it is to remove all fish and treat them in a QT either using Copper or the Hyposalinity method and leave the DT devoid of fish for at least 8 weeks. With no host fish, the Ich parasite cannot survive.

PHILYD1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Ok so i managed to catch 2 of my 4 fish and have them in QT, but now the other 2 are still in the reef, gonna try a fish trap today.. I want this ICH gone.....Now I know why PEOPLE Refuse to ever add fish to there tank with out QT... GOTTA learn the hard way I guess!!

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
what i did when i had the same problem that help is that had my power heads pointing to the rear to the over flow so the water could fall into my wet dry and i clean my filter every day and it help out a lot .... i also double up on the filter in the wet dry so it can catch all the ich ..... it really works it ....

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Errr..... My Atlantic blue just caught it I think it was stressed when I created a sand storm trying to relocate my power heads I think it got stressed and now it's sick.....I'm going to try selkoner's trick cuz I dont and never had a quarantine tank.... My yellow tang is fine hmmm? I have another reef tank but I don't want to introduce anything into there because I haven't had any issues with that tank since I started it......could I quarantine in a 5 gallons bucket if anything and what is a reccomended brand for copper treatment?

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
If you have any questions pm me ... On how to do it make sure if you have a wet-dry just double up on filters .. if you have filter socks you can double up on them too just get a bigger one on the bottom .... And FYI if you never use copper of anything that can harm fish becareful if your fish is stressed already bc that will not only kill the ich but your fish too It has happen to me read the direction to the t if you are going to try any of that... The best way to get rid of all Ich in a reef tank i think is to take out all coral into buckets then take out as much water as you can so ur fish can have atleast 3" of water to swim (but at that point if is easy enough that you can catch all your fish and if you can get all of them out take all the water out )and refill it back with all new water.... Don't use no water from your coral or fish bucket..!!! I know this is a pain but I would do again and again to protect my fish and investment !!

Ps its always good if you have a friend in the reef game to help !! Especiay if he has buckets !! Lol

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
If the fish are eating, and u have to get them out. I have some small hooks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326034319533.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326034319533.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 116

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
So my tang seemed to have "ich" only for that one day I posted here all my fish and everything look fine now is it possible all those Lil white spots on the fish wasn't ich? The one day I saw it all I did was have a piece of garlic seaweed in there and I also soaked mysis in garlic for about half an hour and fed and next day it was all gone

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: