kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
sorry to bother but im a 19 yr old f. who purchased a 20high tank when it cought my eye ive cycled and now i have a chocolate chip star, 3 astrea snails, and a domino damsel. with only 3 pounds of live rock.... to make a long story short i dont want to give my tank up i love it but can only afford food and salt... if anyone has any inverts,rock,anything to help improve my tank anything will be awsome. thanks again.

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
omg your video was beautiful.. wish i had someone like you as well!! and i apreciate the offer but i dont drive, i can take the fairy but will they survive? i live in the bronx which is 2 hrs away :/.....

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Are you sure it is cycled. For starters get rid of the star fish and the damsel. The starfish will die on you and the damsel will make it hard to add any other fish. You need more rock. Keep your eye open in the sale forum, you should be able to get some cheap. You should add at leats 20 pounds. every once and a while people give stuff away so keep your eye open. Make sure you know what the needs are of anything you want to add. That means read a lot. Good luck!
By the way you should have posted in the beginners forum you would get more responses.

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
yes im possitive its cycled. ive had it since the begining of september. and starfish is doing fine and am planning on getting rid of the domino which is so hard hes so fast because i have ich i have to remove him since i cant setup a quarintine at this moment im going to stick to aquascaping and adding inverts

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
And thanks so much ive bine reading a whole lot as it is very interesting. Itll just take me more time since times is hard but one day i hope to have a beautiful reef just like u guys.. And now i feel its to late time to finish what ive started.. I dont mind as long as chip and midnight have food and salt theyll be ok.

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I know I'm going to get flamed for being so frank to a youngster like you, but...

I would suggest that you figure out what you can realistically manage. The fact that you have ich already suggests a problem in the tank. Trying to do a saltwater tank this way is sure to result in death of inhabitants and disappointment for you.

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Soo as you can see heres my tanks so far :/ backround is fake for now and the front of my glass is blurry due to algea growth that i have to get off.... Do i do this while fish is in tanks orr

DrMusik

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
As some one who has been reefing on a very tight budget let me be the first to tell you you're going to spend some money. The water "sterilizer" seems unnecessary, changing water from fresh to salt will kill any bacteria in it, not to mention water out of our taps is pretty damn clean anyways. What you need to worry about is 1.) the chlorine in the water and 2.) the phosphate in the water. I would suggest shopping around on this site for a used ro/di system or picking one up online.

Until then you can get by with a few drops of Prime or another water conditioner but your tank is going to fill up with PO4 and you'll get algae problems and inevitably either scrap your tank or buy an RO/DI system.

The other issue is the live rock, you should look on this website and pick up some more rock. You can get live rock for 2 bucks a lb on this site so that should only run you about 30 bucks. I would suggest buying it dry as it will be cheaper and you avoid the problem of causing your tank to cycle again when you add it. Until then I would absolutely stop adding things to your tank.

as far as pictures are concerned on the bottom of the quick reply click "go advanced" then go down and attach some pictures. Good luck

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No its fine and i do but im learning and am a very fast learner and the only problem is the ich the water perimeters are all perfect really and i change 25% every 2 weeks
so im not going as bad as you think just my tank is empty but every one is healthy and thats all that should matter

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ph is great as well i have a powder to help this that i add to the water if the ph isnt good it automatically puts it to the ph needed. Recommende by my local petshop and i do have acu clear for the cloudiness and leaving the water out for 24 hrs should let out chlorine am i right?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: