kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
as a matter of fact, i just ordered my tank for a new setup and am just waiting to get a stand made, when im ready to set it up ur more than welcome to come and see me get it up and running, just to give u an idea of what u need to do, but like plateboy said, what works for one person might not work for u, there's always different effective ways to do things. There's alot of us from the bronx on here too
niceee sounds like a perfect idea.. When it arrives pm me will ya

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Boogie down Bronx right here and yeah Maximum reef is a great Place Also Ivan knows a lot as well and yes each tank is different but some things are always the same no matter the size of the tank LOL and Petland sucks But the one in co-op is a little better only because the manager has a SW tank Pet Goods on central Ave is also pretty good

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
As a matter of fact, I just ordered my tank for a new setup and am just waiting to get a stand made, when im ready to set it up ur more than welcome to come and see me get it up and running, just to give u an idea of what u need to do, but like plateboy said, what works for one person might not work for u, there's always different effective ways to do things. There's alot of us from the Bronx on here too

What size tank did you order Sir

plateboy3293

Plate Collector
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
OO AND I WANTED TO KNOW WHEN SHOULD I CHANGE MY SAND MINE HAS A BUNCH OF SHELLS FORMING ALREADY WHEN I FIRST HAD THE TANK THE SAND WAS NICE, SMOOTH, AND NO SHELLS WERE SEEN NOW ITS.... :irked:

You don't change the sand bed it's another filter for your tank. The shells I am guessing are snails that died like Astraea or something but I am not sure what you are referring to

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
i mean why buy a book when they have threads and other websites that explain step by step on how to set up a sw tank succesfully.... is this book any special?

threads on the internet and books written by the top marine biologists in the world are wildly different. If you read the book, it will probably answer more of your questions (as well as questions you didn't know you needed to ask). Based on what you've posted in your threads thus far, you're being led in the wrong direction (not necessarily by people who have posted here, but on forums there are many people that are inexperienced that start giving advice before they even get a handle on what they are doing and it just creates a mess). Books are invaluable in this hobby, and will give you much more guidance than a pet store that just wants to make a profit off of you. With the money you spent on unneeded junk like accuclear and magic pH stabilizing powder, you could have bought a book that would have put a wealth of information right in your hands.

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
As a matter of fact, I just ordered my tank for a new setup and am just waiting to get a stand made, when im ready to set it up ur more than welcome to come and see me get it up and running, just to give u an idea of what u need to do, but like plateboy said, what works for one person might not work for u, there's always different effective ways to do things. There's alot of us from the Bronx on here too

+1 Your not alone dude...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: