BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Hello all,

I've finally bought a fixture that can support coral!

I have a 8 bulb nova extreme T5 fixture for my 110 Tall with a 30" depth.

What bulbs should i get so that i can have sufficient par for all types of coral lps,sps, etc? Im planning on having a wide selection down the line.

I've asked a similar question when I only had a 4 bulb T5. so Im guessing

2 ATI Aquablue specials, 3 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI purple plus , and one red but what company to get the red since ATI doesnt have red? and would this be good? or is it strictly preference?

Should i get KZ purple plus instead of ATI?

Lastly, What site have you guys experienced had the best prices? I see some site charge a bulb fee and what not.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Also, I didnt realize the LEd for the nova extreme was horrible. Im looking to get an led strip to create some moon lighting? any suggestions? Maybe an adhesive strip is inexpensive and effective.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
The LED Strip you can just buy off ebay for 20 bucks. It worked well for me.

You want to throw in a UVL bulb in there, they are great for growth. Hard to get around the bulb shipping fee. See if you can get any from Vendors here locally.

Last edited:

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
no red

8=

3 aquablue special ati's

5 blue +

all done and save up for a reef brite led. once u have a reefbrite strip change one blue + for a 03 atinic, always ati

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: