Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
They are fairly simple to install. Depending on which unit you get, it should come with either a needle valve or a connection fitting valve. The easiest way is the connection valve. All you do is disconnect the cols water line under the sink, screw on the valve and connect back to sink. This method allows you to disconnect the unit without any permanent damage. The needle valve gets placed on the copper cold water line and actually punches a hole in it. Its real easy to set it up but if you ever move the unit, you'll have to either leave the needle valve on the pipe or fix the hole in the pipe. I got a water general unit from filterdirect.com and it came with the connection valve, float switch and an inline pressure gauge. Its a 6 stage 110 gal per day unit and was only $150. HTH

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Take a look

did u put it under kitchen sink?

Yes I did, so I use the RO for drinking water, & I can make RO/DI water when I need RO/DI water, I do it at night.
Just for the record all bottled water dose go through a RO system.
There is a documentary called TAPPED,

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72MCumz5lq4

Why to buy water if you can make it yourself, I think its a good investment for you home & tank

Last edited:

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
To make a RO/DI water, & for the filters to work well, you need a min of 55psi, if you dont then you will need the pump to give you a better psi, I had in my apt 20psi, so I had to get the pump, now I have 70 to 80 psi

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: