samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Radions can be bought half priced on a few other sites. They just dont compare to AI at all. And they are way overpriced. Sold both of mine after a week for the price of one.

Damn, wish you had told me that, that would be a good savings for me.:headache::headache::headache:

I know a few guys that put the radions on there tank and sold them right away. But every 1 has there preference. As for me i will be ordering the new vega soon.

Ken i still have mine running 8-9 hrs a day, still love it...hahhaha!!!

I just pulled the trigger on 8 Radions with TIR lenses to replaces my 8 400 watt MH's
and 8 vho T5's. .

Wow!!!! 8 Radions :thrash::thrash::thrash:

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I have another thread on this site where I already did a side by side comparison of 4 AI's over half of my 500 and 4 Radions over the other half. I had over a half dozen people come and see them and everyone agreed 100% that the radion was a clear winner in the visual department. In terms of growing corals they bolth seem to be very similiar in that department. When you compare them side by side and not one at a time the differences are very apparent. Let me be very clear that they bolth are outstanding lights and will grow any type of coral and bolth are in a 30" deep tank to boot. There is no bad choice just a better choice. Now what really should be talked about is the Hyperian units and the Metis. But now I am opening pandoras box.

Here is the link from the other thread http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/equipment/125451-ecotech-radion-vs-ai-sol.html

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
I have a Radion and I love it I have alot of the AI guys talking smack in my thread that only has to do with radiond but I know a person like you who had both and they agree with me and say radion is the best ...

It's a personal preference and to each there own but I would trade mine in for no other led ....

Did you know they have a upgraded lens for better out put !! ?? You should check it out ...

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I have a Radion and I love it I have alot of the AI guys talking smack in my thread that only has to do with radiond but I know a person like you who had both and they agree with me and say radion is the best ...

It's a personal preference and to each there own but I would trade mine in for no other led ....

Did you know they have a upgraded lens for better out put !! ?? You should check it out ...

No one is saying that the radions are not great I just said I know a few people who had them and got rid of them. I personally never really seen them side by side I do have the Ai on my tank and I'm very happy with them.. But and I know the new 1s aren't made for deep tanks . But my tank is only 20" tall so I'm thinking of switching ..but that has to be seen when they come out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: