kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I saw this posted in a thread and asked what the white spots were. Someone replied tube worms.

dinos.jpg

Whats the best way to get rid of them? How long can they survive outside of water? Thanks.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Yes tube worms or some sort of vermetid snail. I'd just leave them alone. You have no idea how many of these I have growing in my skimmers... but then again, I'm not a hyper drive BMW skimmer at peak performance kind of guy. I do think it is a losing battle to try to elimate them though... kind of a big part of the "live" in live rock. Randy

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
prattreef said:
Yes tube worms or some sort of vermetid snail. I'd just leave them alone. You have no idea how many of these I have growing in my skimmers... but then again, I'm not a hyper drive BMW skimmer at peak performance kind of guy. I do think it is a losing battle to try to elimate them though... kind of a big part of the "live" in live rock. Randy
Funny you should mention that because I'm worried about my new skimmer :). I'm about to dry my tank out anyway so thats why I was wondering if they could survive out of water. Would foam on the skimmer pump intake help?

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm going to be using filter socks with the new skimmer and I'm not getting anymore snails which is how they got into my tank. I'm also going to get new rock so hopefully I won't have to worry about them. Do most people have these in their tank?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
kimoyo said:
If they stay in the tank thats one thing. But these guys got all over my deltec ap600 and if they get all over my barr thats where I'm drawing the line.

The answer lies in a contraption called a filtersock. Try it. Worked for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: