Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
pmui said:
in a simple answer...nope. :) It's chem. 101. unless you saturate the water with salt, at that point it would be the "dead sea"

I didn't say they dissapear, it's in there.
It's just salt breaking into ions, that "fit between" the water molecues and there is still space for them to shimmy around. So I would say if you have a 55gal. tank and added 5lb of salt there would be no change in water volume, but there is a change in mass.

one other intersting thing...water is the only liquid that floats when frozen soild and placed in the same liquid...all other liquids tend to sink when frozen under the same situation.

I concur your statements.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
fishguttz said:
I wouldn't mix salt in the tank because when I mix salt in a bucket there is always residue, no matter how hard I mix. I wouldn't want this residue (salt, dust, powder, whatever it is) to line the bottom of my new tank.
Deff change your salt.
are you using IO or RC salt ? i used to use them and had the same result ,now im using TM por salt and no dust powder left over ,just salt water ,:wink1:

fishguttz

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
Deff change your salt.
are you using IO or RC salt ? i used to use them and had the same result ,now im using TM por salt and no dust powder left over ,just salt water ,:wink1:

Thanks, I'll try it when i set up my Percula breeder tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: