DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Too many choices dude....

PC's, VHO's, T-5's, Metal Halides.....

It also will depends on what you'll be putting inside the tank & what is eye pleasing to you.

Click on the "search" function on this site. Many have commented on all the lighting I listed;)

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
IMO from what I heard t5's are very pleasing they can support both softy and sps and there still les than healides and you can change the look by choice of bulbs and placement but that's just me

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
just go straight to halides like house just said. dont waste your time on lesser lighting. eventually you'll just want to upgrade halides anyway. Save some money and get the best first.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm doing a 250w 20k MH over my 37g cube at some point soon...

You should do fine w/ a fixture that is 250w 14k MH w/ Actinic VHO or T5 supplementation.

Depending on the length of the tank maybe 2X150 MH...

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
yeah like phil sad all the plus the expense in running it and buying it. I my self am only going with halides b/c i have a bigger tank and there are no t5's my size :( so i have no choice lol

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
nuttin 2 4" fans cant take care of.... :Up_to_som

Tell me that again in the middle of July.

Sure it will cool down some with an additional clip on fan over a sump, but it's still a concern.
Especially having heat coming from a 250w MH bulb, over less than 46 gals.

I know.......

Hotwheels

Hotwheels
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
When considering lights the inhabitants and long term budget comes to play. halides are great, but one must way the scales. Will it be affordable long term vs. other lighting systems. T-5's will do well for your size tank and to not leave out PC; Current just came out w/ a 4x130w bulb system (520w), just to help you out:
http://www.current-usa.com/orbit.html

good luck w/ the choose, keep us posted w/ pics when u do decide

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: