Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
How big are the 2 live rocks? 29 gallons seems like alot of work for 2 live rocks to cycle successfully. Especially with the added bioload of 3 damsels :scratch:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I agree with Dean. Even if the two pieces of LR are large, there is less surface area than if you had the same weight rock but lots of smaller pieces.
Cleaner shrimp are very delicate animals. I wouldn't put them in a cycling tank. As a matter of fact, I'd hold off on cleaners until the tank was a few weeks past cycled. Stabilizing it is very important to their survival.

swimmer

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Add some more live rock and see if the LFS will hold your damsels untill the cycle is finished. Oh and when you get the fish out you can jumpstart the cycle by using 2 or 3 pinches of fish food or a piece of table shrimp. Throw them in the tank and leth them decompose.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
you should not have anything in your tank if its cycling and IT HAS AMMONIA . no offense your killing your damsels.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: