michaelp

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It's a long time before I have to think about this since I haven't even started cycling my tank... but should I move my two guys to the big tank first, or is it better to add a bunch of cleaners (crabs/snails/shrimps) first, then add some corals, then my clowns (with appropriate time between to let the tank adjust to the bio-load). To be honest, they have a sentimental value to me so I really want to make sure they survive the transition... I think they'll be much happier with some room to swim.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Make sure the tank is fully setup and cycled before you add them. Also make sure all the live rock, or most of it, that you plan on placing in the tank is in the tank as you don't want to have a cycle while the clowns are in there as they could come down with some thing or get a secondary infection from the ammonia & nitrite in the tank.

You may want to try adding another fish first, as a test, to see if the new tank is fine before adding them. Just don't put some thing in the tank that could cause problems or you mayn't want as you could have trouble getting it out and then get stuck with it. A lot of people get stuck with damsels this way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: