Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm not sure if this is the case, i'm going to call the water company as soon as I go on lunch....i know th RO tested 0 across the board with the exception of phosphate...i tested again after i put the new cartridges in and purged the system and everything was 0 across the board

Sorry to hear... I had a similar melt down a couple of years ago. Couldn't explain it.

Slightly off-topic but I test my RO/DI before every use and always make sure it has a 0 TDS. Silly question but does 0 TDS = 0 Phosphates?

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Sorry to hear... I had a similar melt down a couple of years ago. Couldn't explain it.

Slightly off-topic but I test my RO/DI before every use and always make sure it has a 0 TDS. Silly question but does 0 TDS = 0 Phosphates?

tds stands for total dissolved solids. which is a large variety of things not only phosphates. Such as carbonates, bicarbonates, chlorides, sulfates, phosphates, nitrates, calcium, magnesium, manganese, sodium, potassium etc.

Thats what i thought it was. but with that in mind 0 tds should equate to 0 phosphates.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
tds stands for total dissolved solids. which is a large variety of things not only phosphates. Such as carbonates, bicarbonates, chlorides, sulfates, phosphates, nitrates, calcium, magnesium, manganese, sodium, potassium etc.

Thats what i thought it was. but with that in mind 0 tds should equate to 0 phosphates.

Got it, for some reason I wasn't sure if it was included with everything else in that list. Not sure where I got that from lol

asonitez

Sleeps With Fishes
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I belive it was caused by your salt. I have had this happen to me on a smaller tank. Its the main reason why I never do more than a 10 or 20 gallon water change on my 150 with a new box/bucket of salt until the salt's proven to be good. I use Instant Ocean Salt exclusively as I find it to be the one with the LEAST amount of problems. The salts that are "buffered" seems to be the ones encountering a lot of issues.

Even the salts derived from evaporating saltwater imho have some bad things about them posted.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: