shark101

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to everyone, i set my tank up about a month ago i'm very green to the hobby but am trying togather as much information as possible i have a 200gal tank 200lb of live rock 350 protien skimmer model 400 wet dry 2 tunze pumps 3 250watts holigen bulbs, also about 15 pieces 0f mix coral soft and hard and about 6 different types of fish. What kind of test kits should i purchase for the tank.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Definitely ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. Unless you bought an established tank, after only 1 month, the levels for those readings may be detrimental to the health of the livestock you have already.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Once the above readings are at acceptable levels, you may consider calcium, alkalinity and magnesium. I personally recommend Salifert for these, but there are kits available that are both less and more expensive.

shark101

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kool... this hobby is very addictive Imo glad there plenty of people sharing good information and helping the less knowledgeable...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: