TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey Guys,

I've had this Naso Tang over two weeks. I've noticed that he isn't really eating. The other tank mates are a yellow tang and false percula (These two devour whatever I put in tank.) I've tried flake, brine shrimp, formula one, and emerald entr?e (frozen food specifically for herbivores). Can anyone make a few suggestions as to what I should try to get this guy eating?

Thanks,
Steven

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It's in a 92 bow. He's about 5", the yellow tang is small(about 3"). Whenever I do feed the Naso does get excited but I never see him actually ingest food. Where can I buy garlic extract locally, meaning NYC, Orange, Rockland, & North Bergen?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Isn't a 92 bow a corner tank? That's to small for a 5" Naso that will only get larger.

You should be able to pick up Garlic extract at most LFS. You can actually pick up fresh garlic and add it to the food or give garlic from a vitiamin store. Also Formular I & II have garlic in them.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I agree a 92 bow is too small. I got him from someone at work who was getting out of the hobby. He says that he had him for 6-8 months and was eating some kind vegetarian flake.

Sidebar: I've been in the new house for two years w/o a tank setup. I couldn't wait anymore to get the "Dream Tank" up and running. So I took the bow tank out of storage to relieve the itch.

Steven

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Jazzy, great suggestions. Obviously the Formula 2 if you got a feeding response.
My fish 'beg' for food whenever I approach the tank. They are like little pigs. I don't feed at a specific time everyday. This way they don't expect it then. If you go on vacation, and get a neighbor to feed, they probably won't be able to adhere to your schedule. Varying the feeding time is a better way to go as opposed to the same time daily.

I normally feed some nori (seaweed) sometime during the day. A smorgasboard of frozen food sometime during the day. And a few Marine Pellets at some time. All this in moderation. Not too much of any one food.

Shoot me a PM sometime. You're probably no more than 4 miles from me. Probably 2 miles as the crow flies. :lol:

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: