Mr. Crab

Chiefmcfuz

Active member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have a Sally lightfoot and just recently read in a book they are called the Jekyl and hyde crab so keep that in mind.
 

SaltWaterN00b

\/\/h47 @ n00b !!!
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
I have a Sally lightfoot and just recently read in a book they are called the Jekyl and hyde crab so keep that in mind.
LOL thats funny, why? They just snap when they feel the need?
 

Chiefmcfuz

Active member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
OK rule out sally lightfoot. I happened to witness him actually attack and kill my Yellow tang a half hour ago. He has since dragged him to the back of the tank behind the rockwork and is chowing down on him. Keep in mind this morning the YT was in perfect health, eating and swimming fine. Me and my big mouth.
 

Chiefmcfuz

Active member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Trying to get a pic of it now but I think I may have to move my TV and stand to actually get back there to take a good pic. Not an easy task.
 

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I have (2) Sally's.

The only thing I see them do was pick at stressed corals.
But to take down a fish!!!!!
 

Deanos

New member
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
I happened to witness him actually attack and kill my Yellow tang a half hour ago.
Which Sally Lightfoot do you own? I know there's 1 in every batch, but a healthy YT seems like a handful for a detritus/algae-eating crab.

Edit: After further review, large Sallys will attack fish if underfed.
 

barebucta

Senior Member
Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
OK rule out sally lightfoot. I happened to witness him actually attack and kill my Yellow tang a half hour ago. He has since dragged him to the back of the tank behind the rockwork and is chowing down on him. Keep in mind this morning the YT was in perfect health, eating and swimming fine. Me and my big mouth.
Chief you witness this? Didn't try to help any? :scratchch That's one expensive meal kinda like "Tavern on the Green" in the fish world. Sorry about the loss.
 

Chiefmcfuz

Active member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0



I have a large one of these. The YT swam up to him all of the time for a cleaning and would get nipped. But never saw him kill anything. Till I opened my big mouth I mean. It was a baby YT about 1.5-2 inches had for about a month and yeah he was doing fine, no sunken stomach ate like a pig.

Saw the immediade aftermath Lion-O, I watched him swim up for a cleaning and then next I knew about a minute later the YT was in his pincers dead. I can't put my hands in the tank right now, I burnt my forearms at my firehouse working on one of the engines.
 

Liz

New member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
emerald crabs

If ever you had a problem with algae emerald crabs rock and I would highly recommend.
they are my lil green soldiers
 

Featured Sponsors

Top