oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Don't laugh at me but i really dont know and want to know these terms that EVERYONE uses

Fragging-
LPS-
SPS-
LR - Live rocks
LS - Live Sand
LFS- Local fish store?
Soft coral-

Theres a few more but i forgot if I forgot something please add it in

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Fragging - Cutting a coral piece from a mother colony with the hopes of propagating it elsewhere.

LPS - Large Polyp Stony

SPS - Small Polyp Stony

Soft coral - a coral that doesn't have an Calcium carbonate skeleton.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
oonycxwilloo said:
Thanks can you explain the soft coral....what is a Calium carbonate skeleton

A calcium carbonate skeleton is basically a hard skeletal structure. Corals in the leather family for instance, don't have a Calcium carbonate structure to them. Some of those leather corals are, kenya trees, colt corals, devils finger, capnella, etc. Then you also have anthelia, xenia, clove polyps. All those are in the softie family.

This might help you immensely.

swimmer

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Wow Thanks......That site is great....thanks for your help ...

hey by the way...some how my anthelia or they call it creeping xenia...just broke off a few tentacles....i then moved the broken pieces into my 12g nano ...i stuck it on a rock with a plastic toothpick and it looks like it is not going to survive....When i first noticed that it broke off of the mother colony it look fine...it just looked like it detached right from the rock...so what can i do?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: