marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
I turn my heater off in the summer as well and the max i hit was 81. I read on some forum that some individuals use frozen bottled water to place in their tanks overnight to cool it down. I dont know how effective it is but seems like a good idea.

vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
All,

To those that switched their lighting period to turn on in the evening, did you notice any difference in your electric bill as well as tank temp? Is the energy savings a program that you need to sign up for with your electric company?

Thanks.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Most A/C's are energy savers nowadays and dont pull as much electricity as the huge ones that used too....my a/c has a feature where it will turn on when the room temp rises and it keeps the room at a set temp....so my tank stays cool...and the a/c isnt on all day....

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Most A/C's are energy savers nowadays and dont pull as much electricity as the huge ones that used too....my a/c has a feature where it will turn on when the room temp rises and it keeps the room at a set temp....so my tank stays cool...and the a/c isnt on all day....

I also keep my a/c on all day long and right now the temperature is at 79.3. Not bad.

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have electric bill problems ha ha ha ...

Jerry busted my chops over the electric bill for the first time ever! It must be bad. Now I am a good little camper and am turning off lights when I leave the room. I am sure it is only a drop in the bucket compared to the tank, but at least it looks like I am trying!!!!

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Great and timely thread! I have been concerned all week about the temp. in my tank getting too hot and even hotter this weekend. I have a Nanocube 24 with a 132watt pc canopy. It was modded with the nanocustom's kit. Temps are at 82-86. I expect to get my 150 watt MH/T5 HO light fixture today to upgrade my cube. I plan on leaving my AC on all day, add a 10" fan above the tank, and possibly turning on my lights in the evening. I hope this will keep the temp. under control.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

is that the crazy new invention that just came out called a thermostat? :D

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Well so far so good. My maintank seems to run hotter then my prop tank. I dont let any one of the tanks get above 81 .. Yesterday didnt think about turning on the AC in the living room and came home to hear the chiller working :D one reason to have all this back up ,It works

Hope everyone is keepp their tanks cool ,doesnt seems to be getting over the 85 mark this week ,but humidity also plays a toll. to take that into consideration

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
All,

To those that switched their lighting period to turn on in the evening, did you notice any difference in your electric bill as well as tank temp? Is the energy savings a program that you need to sign up for with your electric company?

Thanks.

The last time I checked into this (for me it's LIPA) yes, you had to sign up for a program. The downside was you HAD to use all items that drew heavy amounts of electricity during the night hours or you paid even higher rates during the day. I decided against it.

ssmtcarlo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Summer is just around the bend and before all the "my tank is overheating" threads start popping up I figured id bump this thread up. I use a Ranco temp controller and a fan on my sump. My tanks rarely goes above 83 even on the hottest days. On days where i know it will be extremely high heat and high humidity I leave the AC on. If your not prepared best get moving.

Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: