KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
just picked up some krylon but not the fusion. Is this okay to paint the back of my tank with or do I need the fusion thats made for plastics

Is your tank acrylic or glass?
The Fusion works on either.
Regular Krylon is fine for glass but not acrylic.

Better to use a canned paint/roller/brush if you are doing this indoors or on a tank that is already set up!

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I tried to roll on latex. Very easy and looked awesome till i pulled the tape and off can the latex in one huge perfect sheet. After much cursing, I went and got the krylon and all was good.

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
so i used the Krylon gloss black spray. Heres my review:

I made sure to use alot of masking tape and cover the rest of the tank. Cleaned the surface with vinegar than Alcohol. First coat I applied way too much and it dripped so I took it off quickly and tried again but with thinner coats. Though it was REALLY humid outside when I did this, i needed to apply like 15 coats with waiting around 10min or so in between. I ended up using the whole can on a 18X square and light still passes through it. But after using the whole can unless the tank backed a window, it is not noticeable.

Next time I will be using the ROLL on paint. hope this helps. the spray is just to finicky and doesnt get dark enough.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: