dzuckerm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I noticed yesterday that my yellow tang (first introduced to the tank two weeks ago) has an abrasion on the right side of his head. It looks as if the yellow coloring has been scraped off...leaving a silver color underneath. I dont see any fur0like growth on the area. I should add that the fish looks great overall...with healthy looking fins, eating like crazy, and swimming around quite vigorously. Could he have just scaraped himself against rock?

Here are the best pics i could get (again, he doesnt stop swimming for one second). Thanks for ur help!

Attachments

• DSC00460.JPG
    DSC00460.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC00458.JPG
    DSC00458.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 122

dzuckerm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
[\it looks like an abrassion. Garlic is always good for em...[/quote]

whats the best way to feed them garlic? Just take a clove and put it in the feeding clip???

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
dzuckerm said:
[\it looks like an abrassion. Garlic is always good for em...

whats the best way to feed them garlic? Just take a clove and put it in the feeding clip???[/quote]

If you decided to feed her with garlic, get garlic extract and add one of two drop to the food you are going to feed her (like nori) with some water. Then you put the food in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: