nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
grisha said:
how about space, noise, complex set up factors:Up_to_som

Space can't really help you there. Don't really know what noise is involved. With a skimmer inside of a stand noise is non-exsistant, at least in my experience. Complex set up factors? Haven't come across any of those yet, just a matter of knowing what your doing or using the directions ;).

grisha

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
look, hob was designed for a reason ( like less than 65 g set up) also money ! this guy have a 55 g set, are you telling he should get a REAL SKIMMATE for $ 500-1000? get real man
nanoreefer22 said:
Space can't really help you there. Don't really know what noise is involved. With a skimmer inside of a stand noise is non-exsistant, at least in my experience. Complex set up factors? Haven't come across any of those yet, just a matter of knowing what your doing or using the directions ;).

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
grisha said:
look, hob was designed for a reason ( like less than 65 g set up) also money ! this guy have a 55 g set, are you telling he should get a REAL SKIMMATE for $ 500-1000? get real man

Ummmmm Did I do something to offend u? Didn't mean too and you don't need $500 to get a great skimmer. I'm a broke college student and I had a 65g set up, I took my time and set it up to the best of my ability. Yes it took me a year to be halfway to my "dream setup" but guess what I got there right? They have much better hang on back skimmer than a Bak Pak or a Prizm; Tunze makes them as well as Deltec, so before you catch an attitude with me go do some reasearch.

I had that same train of thought when I started to but it changes, we'd hope.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
grisha said:

grisha no one is sayin for him to spend 500-1000.00 on a skimmer... i spent 200.00+ on my asm g3 and i get real skimmate... lolz hes not talking about deltec and or other insanely priced awesome skimmers that i too wish i could afford..

i had the prizm myself on my 29 gallon and barely made it out alive with that one... and it was a pain in the arse to adjust but once it was set it did ok but skimmate would never be like my asm.. yes i no 2 different pieces ones hob and the other is in sump... but i hope u get my point... no reason to be so harsh on fellow members here when there trying to give good advice... not flaming you but lets have fun in here... a question was asked and we are all gonna help with our own opinions thats the beauty of the site... i would not recc. prizm there are better skimmers for the buck out there.. even the CCS (coralife super skimmer) is way better then the prizm...

= :grouphug:

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: