Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't have any personal experience with that skimmer but I have heard only bad things. If you are looking for a HOB skimmer then I would suggest the Coralife Super Skimmer.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I had the smaller model, (I think the one you had linked to was the prism pro.) anyway I had it on a 15Gal and it really didnt do anything, it was impossible to adjust, you either got a collection cup full of water in 5 mins or nothing even after a week. I also got a lot of bubbles back in the tank. I would go with the Remora or something similar, They're not as cheap but there are many people on this board who swear by them and heve great setups. The oney you spend now will save you hours of headaches later- especially with algea outbreaks etc.

SaltWaterN00b

\/\/h47 @ n00b !!!
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
aaron said:
I had the smaller model, (I think the one you had linked to was the prism pro.) anyway I had it on a 15Gal and it really didnt do anything, it was impossible to adjust, you either got a collection cup full of water in 5 mins or nothing even after a week. I also got a lot of bubbles back in the tank. I would go with the Remora or something similar, They're not as cheap but there are many people on this board who swear by them and heve great setups. The oney you spend now will save you hours of headaches later- especially with algea outbreaks etc.

My problem right now is lack of cash, when I saw this my eyes widened lol, The guy said hes had it for a year, maintained it regularly and never had a problem with it. I need to start robbing old ladies or something :) lol
Yea the model is the deluxe one $180 i think it was.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I had that skimmer for about 10 months and after it broke itself in it was ok. It lost prime alot and had some problems so eventually I ran it only when I was home. If you adjust it right you won't get a cup full of water. I then got the remora which is awesome. Check on ebay I saw them for 130-180 not a bad price.

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
If you are straped for cash and don't mind waiting I'm going to be upgrading my skimmer soon and I could sell you my coralife 65 for like $50, but first I have to come up with the 500 - 600 I need to buy the new skimmer. :D

SaltWaterN00b

\/\/h47 @ n00b !!!
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
jf2381 said:
If you are straped for cash and don't mind waiting I'm going to be upgrading my skimmer soon and I could sell you my coralife 65 for like $50, but first I have to come up with the 500 - 600 I need to buy the new skimmer. :D

LOL I dont have much of a chice but to wait! I have some things for trade in the Buy/Trade forum so ill see how that goes but if not ill just wait!

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
I had that skimmer for about 10 months and after it broke itself in it was ok. It lost prime alot and had some problems so eventually I ran it only when I was home. If you adjust it right you won't get a cup full of water. I then got the remora which is awesome. Check on ebay I saw them for 130-180 not a bad price.

very true I just told out that skimmer 2 things
flood if not adjust right
clean cup & nack every 2 days other wise no prime

underworld@hvrk

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
hands down if your concerned with price I would suggest the css65, I originally had this skimmer on my 20 and it worked great(like most needle wheel skimmers) I would have never swapped it out if I didnt get the ERcs6-2 recuirc. for the price I did...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: