thetman36

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I rescued some fish from a friends tank who lost power in the storm. I have a big question about the blue hippo tank. He is covered with ick should i put him into my tank or just get rid of him. My friends tank was out since the storm and the tank went down to 60 degrees I drip acclimated him and am now floating him in a bag to get the temp right. But he is covered in Ick. not sure if i should let him into the tank. I have over $1,500 in fish in my tank i am afraid of infecting the rest of my fish. His other fish look fine no sign of ick

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
get the largest bucket or tub u can find and just throw a heater, filter or powerhead and put ur friends fish in there until u can get a bigger tank.

TheSherm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Do not put any fish in your tank. Any container will work for a tank, a rubbermaid, etc. a heater and something (powerhead) for some sort of flow/ oxygenation could do it w good water changes as a temporary thing. Dont put those fish in your tank.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Don't put ANY fish from your friend into your DT. Use a large enough bucket to hold them with heater and water movement/air pump. Use ammonia control chemical like Amquel Plus or Prime according to directions.

Administer hypo while you are keeping the fish to stop the spread of the ick in tight environment. Keep the bucket lighted for 3 days straight to lower the cyst hatching rate.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: