chefsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will be stocking a 125 gallon tank. i want like 4 tangs. i was told i have to put them in at the same time but my QT tank is only 29 gallons. can i keep them all in the qt for 8 weeks with the other fish i have to Qt.

Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hmmmmm this is a gud question.... One of which I am not sure but from my experience, the majority of, tang on tang violence happens when they are of the same type and or shape..... For example 2 yellow tang or a yellow and a purple tang...... So if you are going to get four different tangs then you don't have to get them all at once.....but if you are getting the same type and want to quarantine them in that tank then you will have to be doing daily water changes to keep the perimeters stable..... Gud luck

Last edited:

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
What tangs are you thinking of getting. I would not add 4 tangs to the 29g QT tank. Depending on what tangs you want to keep,you may be able to add one at a time after they have been quarantined . it all depends on the type of tang.

Wolf DOT

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
can i keep them all in the qt for 8 weeks with the other fish i have to Qt.
correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't it be a bad idea to add several fish to stock a new tank at once (4 tangs + other fish)? i was sure you had to stagger the addition of new fish to allow the beneficial bacteria to catch up to the new bio load. but as i still consider myself as a novice, maybe someone else will chime in.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
The purple will have to go in last ,, the chevron and sailfin should go in at the same time and must be the same size,, purple has to be the smallest bc is most aggressive ,,kole tang can go in first

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The gold rim tang is a Acanthurus genus , the salfin and purple tangs are part of the zeberamosa family , and the kole is part of the Ctenochaetus family , . The rule of thumb is only add different genus , if you are adding 2 or more of the same genus , it should be done all at the same time small, and entered at night with the lights off. Being Territorial is what happens if there introduced at different times. That being said its still a toss up. Qt them is the correct way .. Just keep em seperate by some means of a container .

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: