oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I bought a 72g bowfront and it came with everything i needed. Only problem is...i dont know how to get the water from the overflow into the u-tube to go to the box in the back of the tank that leads to the sump. Well the tank has nothing in it right now (no water) i was testing it out from the sink. Do i have to connect anything onto it so it can drain the water down. It looks like it works on its own

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Place airline tubing thru the U tube and place the U tube back in the overflow box. Now suck the airline tube until water goes into the U tube. Once this is done, pull airline tubing out. Good luck, and prepare to taste saltwater :D

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
put a air line hose up the u tube till it reaches the top dead center have water in the tank and make sure you fill the back of the over flow box with water like from a cup, then suck on the hose till water goes through , dont swallow salt water tastes like crap

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
wow....both of you said i'll taste the water...this is so no good...but anyways just put a airtube inside and make it come out on the other side and then just suck till water goes thru the air tubing and then water will be go thru the u-tube?

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Fill up the the front & rear of the overflow with water.
Fill up the U-tube with water & use 2 ping-pong balls to cover each end of the tube to trap the water.
While holding the ping-pong balls to keep the water trapped in the tube, submerge both ends of the tube into the overflow section.
Remove the ping-pong balls & you're good to go.

May take a few tries....but works like a charm.

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
DaRealDvs1 said:
Fill up the U-tube with water & use 2 ping-pong balls to cover each end of the tube to trap the water.
While holding the ping-pong balls to keep the water trapped in the tube, submerge both ends of the tube into the overflow section.

Great idea Phil :)

I might try that next time as I hate the taste of saltwater :wink1:

-Chris

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snake a piece of air line tubing up your Utube to the apex. Then just connect that air turbing to a venturi input on a powerhead. It will suck out the air in 10 seconds. Then pull out the air tubing and your set !

Regards

RFC

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
DaRealDvs1 said:

I used this method once a while too but more oftenly, I use clear food wrap and rubber band it to one end. Fill the tube and do the same to the other side to trap the water then release the rubber band. This method will also work in tight compartment like my ecosystems 60.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: