Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
not for reef...

I have a uv running on my reef for over a year with no issue. It will not eradicate a pod population either. It could possibly kill some that actually go through the uv but depends on exposure time. As long as you purchase the correct wattage per the gallons in your tank and have the correct flow rate there are no issue that I can report at all except better water quality.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
go with apex for controller. also get yourself an ato such as tunze or jbj... for salt you will get mixed reviews i as well as alot of others use reef crystals but its all preference and you will find a big discussion on it.. and no uv on a reef tank :)

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do all the think of the reefkeeper reef angel other reefer here mentioned this to me. And thank you all for comments suggestions. I'm going get my planning together.

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Fyi Reefkeeper and reefangel are two different products and 90% of people will tell you to go with apex. As duke62 once said in another thread these questions have all been asked before. Start searching this forum and others like reefcentral for past threads on the same subject. Start shopping online and see how these kits go together and what parts you might want. Look at the online manuals and see which ones are easiest for you and you'll get a better idea than everyone here who will just reply apex.

They also have different network requirements so that could also be a factor for you. Apex requires an ethernet connection and reef angel is wifi. ReefKeeper is also ethernet i believe. All require extra modules to plug into network and you can use a gaming adapter if you need wifi, but thats one more thing to buy which is why i went for the straight wifi option. So many things are going to influence your decision.

For the reefangel i am 100% satisied but it is not as popular. Go look at reefangel forum and see what other owners have to say since its not as widespread a product.

As far as reefkeeper, a lot of people recently been saying company is going down in customer support or that the product is not keeping up with the competition. The company Digital Aquatics recently made a new product that is basically the same price as controller but just a monitor, so great your temp is 85 degrees, nothing you can do but run home. Or your pH is out of whack, start running. With a full controller you can disable heater or turn off calcium reactor or dosing pumps that may be screwing up the chemistry.. Just an example..

Either way the moral for this one is to start looking at these closely and searching for existing threads before asking more controller questions :) your not the first person to ask and its not such a simple answer as Apex (although you cant go wrong with Apex!) but you are going to have to find what works for you. Same way you decided on a 150.

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks inveno I agree, I'm going to see what works for me. That's why my planning is slow. I choose 150 gallon cause I want tangs and hear the room they need to swim. Also I can fit that size tank in my living room, lamo my mom won't want bigger cause off weight if I had a basement size wouldn't matter. Anyways thank you once again for your patience suggestions advice and opinions. Enjoy your day

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: