oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Just picked up a pair of clowns (false percs) from wingo yesterday...very healthy and eating and stuff...but the only problem is they dont go on my ANEMONE...i have a green bubble tip....is that a problem?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I have had a RBTA for about 2-3 months and also put in a GBTA for about a month now in my office tank that house a pair of false percs and they don't go near either of them.
So there is a chance that they will never host in the anemones.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hey this worked for me i don't know if it will work for you but u can try, before putting my anemone in the tank i caught my clown fish since he was hosting my powerhead and put him in a container with the anemone, he jumped right in and will not leave the anemone till today, i even flipped the anemone over and he wont get out of it, so if your anemone is already settle in its spot try to catch the clownfishes with a fish holder not a net, and put the container right next to the anemone, when the clownfish sees it, it could jump right in or just swim away, try it, nothing to loose, I think most clownfish stay at the top of the tank and don't realize the anemone is there, from my experience,

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
JHOV2324 said:
Hey this worked for me i don't know if it will work for you but u can try, before putting my anemone in the tank i caught my clown fish since he was hosting my powerhead and put him in a container with the anemone, he jumped right in and will not leave the anemone till today, i even flipped the anemone over and he wont get out of it, so if your anemone is already settle in its spot try to catch the clownfishes with a fish holder not a net, and put the container right next to the anemone, when the clownfish sees it, it could jump right in or just swim away, try it, nothing to loose, I think most clownfish stay at the top of the tank and don't realize the anemone is there, from my experience,

Seems like unneccessary stress to the fish. JMO.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
oonycxwilloo said:
Just picked up a pair of clowns (false percs) from wingo yesterday...very healthy and eating and stuff...but the only problem is they dont go on my ANEMONE...i have a green bubble tip....is that a problem?

It will take them time to figure out or may take time to forget about bad memories.

The ones you got sleep in the Sabae White I have in the tank and whenever they go near the RBTA, the Big Sis Gold Strip Maroon beat the hell out of them. Not sure, they have bad shadows of the BTA or not. You saw how the maroon bite me when i am arranging the rocks and the anemone.

Breezp

Reef Geek
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
yea my clown likes to use the hammer coral and sometimes the frogspawn... but the weirdest is when my hippo tang hosts my colt coral... anybody ever hear of that happening?

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
these flase percs, are they oscerlaris (spelling) ? becasue if they are and thier captive bred. I doubt they will host an anenome becuase they're not wild you know so they have to idea of hosting. Atleast thats waht some one told me so I could be wrong. Also like others where saying if they do host something, it might not be the anenome it mgiht be something else like a hammer or frogspawn which i think is cooler.

clownfishking

Clownfish breeder
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
One of the reason yours and some other Amphiprion Ocellaris (Ocellaris clownfish)- false percs, don't host in RBTA's or BTA's is because that's not it's natural host. Natural host (H. Magnifica - Ritteri or Magnificent anemone, S. Gigantea - Giant Carpet anemone, and S. Mertensii - Merten's Carpet anemone) Not to say that they weren't host them from time to time, but you shouldn't be worried if it takes them along time or never to host that BTA. Here is a link to a Clownfish and Anemone Symbiotic Map chart just to give you an idea of what clownfishes host in their natural environment.

clownfishking

Clownfish breeder
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
steveo32 said:
these flase percs, are they oscerlaris (spelling) ? becasue if they are and thier captive bred. I doubt they will host an anenome becuase they're not wild you know so they have to idea of hosting. Atleast thats waht some one told me so I could be wrong. Also like others where saying if they do host something, it might not be the anenome it mgiht be something else like a hammer or frogspawn which i think is cooler.

It does not matter if they are Captive Bred or Wild Caught clownfish, they will host an anemone, it is instinctively pass down from adults to juvi's.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: